When a customer requests the amount of taxes paid for previous years, there are two options:
- The customer can come to our office and search the computer and the microfiche for the taxes paid. or,
- The customer can order a tax search from the Tax Extension Department.
- The cost for the certified tax search is $2.00 for the first year and $1.00 each additional year.*
- Tax searches must be prepaid.
- A customer in person can order a tax search and make payment of cash or check and can arrange to have the search picked up or mailed.
- A request by mail must include: a check for the correct amount, the parcel number, and the address to where the search is to be mailed.
*If a customer wants the search to be faxed, the charge is $5.00.
The process of a tax search can take up to 7 to 10 days.
For more information
- Call: (630) 232-5964
- Fax: (630) 232-5488
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday